50-Ton Vacuum Hot Press (445-Kilonewton)
- 1450o C (2552o F)
- 480 volts, 3 phase
Hot Zone Dimensions:
- 13” high x 14” wide x 19” deep element-to-element (33cm x 36cm x 48cm)
- Rough vacuum operation
- Atmosphere operation with nitrogen or argon
- Optional high vacuum operation
- Standard one-year warranty.
- This is a compact, packaged, and assembled unit.
- Graphite hot zone and graphite heating elements.
- This unit can operate as either a vacuum hot press or a high temperature vacuum furnace. Removing the die pieces inside will allow the unit to operate as a conventional vacuum furnace.
- Manual vacuum valve operation with automatic temperature ramps and soaks. (Optional fully automatic operation.)
- Manually-adjustable pressure control with analog pressure indicator. (Optional closed-loop programmable pressure control.)
- Upper ram is moveable with 6” stroke. Bottom ram is fixed.
- Yokogawa UP55 digital programmable temperature controller with 30 programs and 300 segments.
- Mechanical vacuum pump with Roots blower
- Digital vacuum gauge with a range of atmosphere to 1 x 10(-5) Torr
- We provide written operating procedures, complete detailed electrical schematics, and manuals for all instrumentation and controls on the furnace.
- Includes one day of test fire and training at our plant in Terryville, Connecticut, USA.
- High vacuum operation. Includes 4” diffusion pump, high vacuum valve, foreline valve, digital high vacuum gauge, and necessary wiring to accommodate high vacuum operation.
- Fully automatic operation with new, improved PLC programmer/controller with alphanumeric display to indicate furnace processing cycles.
- Programmable closed-loop pressure control. This includes the necessary modifications to the hydraulic system to enable its operation to be programmable as opposed to manual. This system will consist of a Yokogawa UP750 two-loop programmable temperature controller with 300 programs and 3,000 segments. The UP750 will control the pressure on the hydraulic ram on the same timeline. Programming of pressure, as well as temperature, could then be accomplished.
- Bubbler to eliminate partial pressure back streaming during the atmosphere operation.
- Digital ram movement indicator with resolution to the nearest .001”.
- Remote diagnostics via a modem, enabling us to remotely aid in troubleshooting the furnace and guide your maintenance people directly. This should virtually eliminate the need for field service. (This can only be purchased in conjunction with the fully automatic operation option.)
- Yokogawa DX100 paperless datalogging chart recorder with digital communications. Network compatible – can appear as a node on a network, making remote data gathering fast and easy. Includes built-in memory card for storage
- Yokogawa Light Loader to facilitate uploading and downloading programs, configuration files, and auto-tuning parameters. This device clips on the face of the Yokogawa UP550 instrument and plugs into a USB port on a PC-based laptop or desktop computer, greatly facilitating and simplifying instrument configuration, program storage, and auto-tuning. Can be used for writing programs and storing detailed configuration data.