HEAT TREATMENT FURNACE
Designed to process up to (4) 7.5” diameter x 16’ long tubes (19.05cm x 487.68cm)
- 1300o C (2372o F)
- 480 volts, 3 phase, 60 hertz
- Capable of heating at the rate of 1-5o C per minute.
- Partial pressure operation with nitrogen, argon, or a non-explosive mixture of argon/hydrogen up to a maximum of 10 Torr.
- Digital capacitive manometer vacuum gauge to read vacuum, regardless of the type of gas being processed.
- Rough vacuum operation with mechanical vacuum pump and Roots blower.
- Mass flow control of the primary flow gas through the furnace with digital display and digital setpoint of argon gas flow.
- One graphite gas injector nozzle located at the bottom center tube. This gas injector nozzle will be fed with a mass flow controller with digital display and digital setpoint of argon gas flow.
- Optional two-bar quench cooling available.
- Standard one-year warranty.
- Optional work truck to load and unload the required fixturing to hold the (4) tubes.
- Yokogawa controller/recorder.
- Cascade control, which consists of the programmable temperature controller controlling the work thermocouple as the “master” and an additional “slave” controller controlling the heating elements. The “slave” controller is slaved to the “master” controller. As the temperature setpoint is approached, the gradient is reduced automatically. This feature is critical to consistent low temperature response and eliminates overshoot at the high temperature setpoint.
- PLC programmer/controller for fully automatic operation with alphanumeric display to indicate furnace processing cycles.
- Optional remote diagnostics via a modem, enabling us to remotely aid in troubleshooting the furnace and guide your maintenance people directly.
- Mechanical vacuum pump.
- Roots blower.
- Liquid nitrogen cold trap to collect binders. Includes a digital temperature controller to minimize liquid nitrogen consumption.
- Front and back doors.
- Graphite hot zone.
- Graphite heating elements 360o around the work for optimum temperature uniformity.
- Front and rear trim heaters slaved to the center control zone for optimum temperature uniformity.
- High limit controller.
- (1) 1” port and (1) 2” port at each end of the furnace, mounted on the side
- (3) ¾” ports at the top of the furnace, distributed evenly
- UPS backup that will keep the PLC and Yokogawa controller display active for 30 minutes in the event of a power failure
- We provide written operating procedures, complete detailed electrical schematics, and manuals for all instrumentation and controls on the furnace.
- Includes one day of test fire and training at our plant in Terryville, CT.